Shareable Magazine is Hiring Part-time Contract Editors (mountain view)
Reply to: email@example.com
Shareable Magazine is Hiring Part-time Contract Editors http://shareable.net
Are you passionate about alternative economics, innovations in government, or the commons? Are you obsessed with new projects that help people share, manage resources, collaborate, make decisions, and learn together? Do you have domain experience one of the areas below combined with passion, integrity, reliability, writing talent, and great contacts in your field? Do you love collaborating with thoughtful people?
If so, then writing and editing for Shareable Magazine might be for you. We're looking for editors for the following channels:
WORK & ENTERPRISE:
Write about startups that help people share real world resources, the changing nature of work, new peer production methods, and shifts in the economy at large. Write useful how-to articles and guides that help people create a work life and an economy that's sustainable and fulfilling. Business reporting training or experience appreciated, but not mandatory. Key words: workplace democracy, product service systems, social enterprise, collaborative consumption, peer production, the dematerialization of the economy, work-life balance, entrepreneurship, local economy, Gen Y at work.
Write about how governments are becoming more shareable through new democratic processes, increased transparency, and other innovations that give citizens more power. Writing is a mix of news, how-tos, and useful guides. The goal is to increase awareness of and equip citizens with new innovations for government. Key words: Gov 2.0, participatory budgeting, citizen deliberative councils, open government data, fair elections.
Write about innovations in managing important physical commons like fisheries, forests, climate, water and more. Write useful how-tos, guides, and share news of the commons. Make the commons relevant to a general audience. Environmental reporting experience appreciated, but not mandatory. Keywords: social-ecological resilience, the commons, Elinor Ostrom, The Resilience Alliance, conservation, environment.
Editors will also have the opportunity to foster online community, guest posts on other influential sites, invite others to write for their channel, and edit submitted pieces.
Considering talent from San Francisco Bay Area and beyond.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLY:
Reply to this ad with a less than one page e-mail that includes:
- 2-3 paragraphs summarizing why you're qualified and desire the work. Relevant domain experience important.
- a link to an online resume like LinkedIn, but NO ATTACHMENTS, PDFs, PASSWORD PROTECTED GOOGLE DOCs, etc
- links to three writing samples
- please put this in the subject line: Applying for [Channel Name] Editor
- the date you can start
- Compensation: Pay is for approximately one day a week, competitive for nonprofits.
- This is a part-time job.
- This is a contract job.
- This is at a non-profit organization.
- OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- Please, no phone calls about this job!
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.